About

Proudly serving West Gippsland since 1948

R.E.N. Machinery’s proud history as West Gippsland’s longest running machinery dealerships begins with three war buddies returning from active service in World War Two.

Air Force colleagues Ray Wilson, Earl French and Norm Francome combined their first name initials to form R.E.N. Motors, originally selling David Brown tractors & equipment and Austin cars.

The partnership continued into the early sixties, when Earl French bought out his partners in an exciting transition period, which saw R.E.N. become an exclusive dealer for the recently formed Massey Ferguson.

Two dealership relocations later, business was booming, and Iseki tractors were introduced to the sales lineup in 1982, securing REN Machinery as one of emerging brand’s top 10 Australian dealers for ten years.

In 1983, Earl’s son Gary joined the parts department, trucking up countless kilometres on in an old IH International, picking up new Massey Ferguson and Iseki tractors from Melbourne up to five times a week.

R.E.N. then brought the premium Fendt range into its stables.

With Earl’s retirement in 2000 as Warragul’s oldest active businessman at 80s years of age, R.E.N. Machinery was brought into the 21st century and Gary’s leadership, before selling the business to current directors Justin Kay and Brad Kinrade in 2013.

Retaining the R.E.N. trading name, Justin and Brad have joined forces with the selling power of AGCO and all its brands, to ensure R.E.N. Machinery continues to pioneer machinery sales and unrivalled service for West Gippsland farmers well into the future.

Earl French delivering just one of many hundreds of MF 35 diesel tractors to Graham Kennedy.
Earl French delivering just one of many hundreds of MF 35 diesel tractors to Graham Kennedy.